Here’s a nice recipe for Anzac biscuits…
- 1 cup of rolled oats
- 1 cup of dessicated coconut
- 1 cup of plain flour
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- 125 grams of butter
- 2 tablespoons of golden syrup
- 1 tablespoon of boiling water
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- Mix together the rolled oats, coconut, plain flour, and sugar.
- In a saucepan, melt together the butter and golden syrup.
- Mix together the boiling water and then baking soda. This mixture will froth in a really cool way.
- Add the frothing soda/water mixture to the butter and golden syrup.
- Add the liquid mixture to the dry mixture, and mix together.
- Roll the mixture into small balls and squash them onto trays, evenly spaced to allow for some spreadage.
- Bake for 20 minutes at around 175 degrees celsius.
- When golden brown, turn onto a cooling rack.